Listen & review on ITunes.
Once upon time…
…there was a podcaster who dreamt of recording with all of his favourite fellow podcasters…
…and so The RPG Academy “Film Studies was born.
Turn the pages and join Kalum from “The Rolistes Podcast” into a journey through “Die Unendliche Geschichte aka The Never Ending Story”, a West German production from 1984 directed by Wolfang Petersen based on the novel by Michael Ende.
As a reminder, for Film Studies, guest shows are invited by The RPG Academy to review a film and discuss ways it could inspire tabletop RPG adventures, characters or practices.
Our competent academic team is completed by Khairul Hisham from “Hishgraphics” and Senda Linaugh from Gnome Stew, the Misdirected Mark Productions, Pandas Talking Games and of course She’s a Super Geek.
Tabletop RPG settings systems and setting mentioned included:
- “Tales from the Loop” by Fria Ligan / Free League Publishing
- “Heroine” by Ginger Goat
- “Genesys” by Fantasy Flights Games
- “No Thank You Evil” by Monte Cook Games
- “Numenéra” by Monte Cook Games
- “Star Wars: The Roleplaying Games” by West End Games
- “Microlite20” by RetroRoleplaying
- “Call of Cthulhu” by Chaosium
- “BareBones Fantasy Role Playing Game” by DwD Studio
- “Is It a Plane!?” by Psychic Cactus Games
- “Buffy the Vampire Slayer Roleplaying Game” by Eden Studios
- “Katanas & Trenchcoats: Retromodern Roleplaying” by Ryan Macklin
- “ACTION MOVIE WORLD” by Flatland Games
As it is slowly becoming the tradition, the next film announced by us at the end has changed. Instead the next episode should be about “Don’t Look Know” with a special surprise host at the helm.
Let us know ahead of the recording if this movie inspired you some tabletop RPG adventures and maybe we will discuss your contribution on the show.
The Rolistes Podcast by Kalum is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.