Film Studies – The Chinese Feast (Damn The Food Chain, Save The Culinary Tradition)
Don’t forget to join our newsletter if you don’t want to miss any of our content.
- BananaChan, co-author of "Jiangshi: Blood in the Banquet Hall" and co-founder of Game and a Curry Games;
- Yvonne H. (Sen.H.H.S) freelance TTRPG writer from Taiwan, author of "The Land of Pan-gu 盤古之地" and assistant lore designer for "Cities of Myth (5e): Atlantis Divided".
As usual, we review this film and discuss ways it could inspire tabletop RPG adventures, characters or practices.
Mentioned tabletop RPG settings and systems
- "Jiangshi: Blood in the Banquet Hall" by Wet Ink Games
- "The Land of Pan-gu 盤古之地" by Yvonne H. (Sen.H.H.S)
- "Honey Heist" by Grant Howitt for Rowan, Rook & Decard
- "Fiasco" by Jason Morningstar for Bully Pulpit Games
- "Pasión de las Pasiones" by Brandon Leon-Gambetta for Magpie Games
- "Damn The Man Save The Music" by Hannah Shaffer for Make Big Things
- "Questlings - A RPG Adventure!" by Banana Chan and Tim Devine
Also, do not forget to check Yvonne's latest project currently on Kickstarter: "Cities of Myth (5e): Atlantis Divided". The campaign for this game will conclude on April 6th, 2021.
Our next episode is already recorded AND edited!
Michael will take you next month to Antartica with John Carpenter's "The Thing" from 1992.
See you then for more silver screen extravaganza.
RPG Academy Film Studies by Kalum is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.